INTERSPEECH conferences are attended by researchers with a long-term track-record in speech sciences and technology, as well as by early-stage researchers or researchers interested in a new domain within the INTERSPEECH areas. With the current edition of INTERSPEECH, we seek to specifically reflect different audiences in the choice of tutorials, where it will clearly be indicated what prior knowledge the audience should have.
We encourage proposals for tutorials addressing introductory topics or advanced topics in an introductory style, and tutorials targeting experienced researchers who want to dig deeper into a given new topic.
Tutorials may introduce an emerging area of speech-related research, or present an overview of an established area of research.
The tutorials can be either three hours or six hours duration. The tutorials are expected to cover developing research of a proposed topic rather than focused on the author’s individual research.
Proposals should include (in this order):
- Tutorial Title
- Presenter(s) (Name and Affiliation)
- Contact Information (Email, Telephone)
- 3-4 sentence abstract summarizing the proposed tutorial that could be used as an advertisement
- Description of the proposal (1-2 pages description plus a few relevant references and any webpages/material useful for reviewing the proposal)
- Explanation of relevance of the proposed tutorial (0.5 – 1 page)
- Tutorial Logistics, including
- Duration (3 hours = 1 session, 6 hours = 2 sessions)
- Description of Presentation format (e.g. one or more presenters, video conferencing or other media, etc.)
- Special equipment required for the tutorial
- Description of provided accompanying material (handouts, storage devices with media, etc.
- Presenter information
- Biography of Presenter(s)
- Key Publications of Presenter(s) on the tutorial topic
- Audience information
- Target Audience (e.g. new researchers to the field, research students, specialists of adjacent fields, etc.)
- Estimated number of participants, possibly names of interested researchers
- Other considerations/comments
- Bibliography (from description)
Proposals for the INTERSPEECH 2017 tutorials may be no more than 4 pages long. Proposal submissions must conform to the format stated above; please use clear headings to indicate each point.
Proposals for tutorials should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 February 2017.
Questions? Please contact:
Gabriel Skantze (email@example.com) or
Björn Granström (firstname.lastname@example.org)