The Call for Satellite Workshops at INTERSPEECH 2017 is now closed
The Organizing Committee of INTERSPEECH 2017 is now inviting proposals for satellite workshops, to be held in proximity to the main conference.
The Organizing Committee will work to facilitate the organization of such satellite workshops, to stimulate discussion in research areas related to speech and language, at locations in Europe, and around the same time as INTERSPEECH 2017. We are particularly looking forward to proposals from neighboring countries. If you are interested in organizing a satellite workshop, or would like a planned event to be listed as an official satellite event, please contact the Satellite Workshop coordinators.
The Satellite Workshop coordinators along with the INTERSPEECH team will help to connect (potential) workshop organizers with local contacts in Sweden, if needed, and will try to be helpful with logistics such as payment, publicity, and coordination with ISCA or other events.
Proposals should include:
- workshop name and acronym
- organizers’ name and contact info
- website (minimally containing call for papers, and preliminary information on scientific committee, important dates, location, and submission information, such as paper length and review process)
- date and proposed location of the workshop
- estimated number of participants
- a short description of the motivation for the workshop
- an outline of the program and invited speakers
- a description of the submission process (e.g. deadlines, target acceptance rate)
- a list of the scientific committee members
Submissions opens: Monday August 22, 2016
Submission deadline: Thursday December 1, 2016
Notification of acceptance: Saturday December 17, 2016
Proposals for satellite workshops should be submitted by email the Satellite Workshop coordinators.
We strongly recommend that organizers also apply for ISCA approval/ sponsorship, which will greatly facilitate acceptance as an INTERSPEECH satellite event. You will find the necessary information and application forms here:
The ISCA pages contain a wealth of useful information helping you to structure your application. It is thus a very good idea to start with the ISCA application.
Identical applications should be sent to ISCA and the Satellite Workshop coordinators.
ISCA also has a generous grant scheme for students who attend the workshop. Application forms can be found here:
If you have any questions about whether a potential event would be a good candidate for an INTERSPEECH 2017 satellite workshop feel free to contact the INTERSPEECH 2017 Satellite Workshop coordinators.
Satellite Workshops Coordinators for INTERSPEECH 2017